Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
One-pot Sausages with Mushrooms and Gravy Recipe
- 1 packet beef or pork sausages
- 30ml oil
- 2 onions cut into wedges
- 4 garlic cloves
- 500g button or brown cap mushrooms chopped
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 250ml beef stock
- 250ml baby carrots
- 25ml cornflour mixed with a little water
- Salt and pepper
- Place a frying pan on your Pineware double spiral hot plate and fry the sausages in oil over a medium heat until nicely browned.
- Remove and set aside.
- Add onions and garlic and fry for 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes.
- Add thyme, bay leaves, stock and carrots, return sausages to saucepan, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Thicken the gravy with cornflour and water, season to taste and serve with mashed potato or chunky bread rolls to mop up the gravy.