Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
Lentil Curry Recipe
Did you know:
In South Asian cuisine, split lentils are also known as dal and are usually eaten with rice or rotis.
- 1½ teaspoons oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried lentils
- 1 medium potato, cut into cubes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3½ cups (750ml) stock
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Heat the oil in a large pot on your Pineware single spiral hot plate and sauté the onion.
- Add lentils, potato, carrot and spices and stir to combine everything.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes, or until the lentils and sweet potato are tender.
- Stir in the yoghurt. Enjoy!