Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 servings
Couscous Stuffed Chicken Recipe
Did you know:
Couscous is a staple food throughout the North African cuisines of Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Mauritania, Libya, and Egypt.
- ½ cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100g mushrooms, finely chopped
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 rashers middle bacon
- Place the couscous in a medium bowl and add ½ cup boiling water.
Cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff up the couscous.
- Heat half the oil in your Pineware electric frying pan and cook the mushrooms, stirring for 4-5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Add mushrooms, cheese and parsley to the couscous and season with pepper.
- Split each chicken fillet length ways without cutting all the way through.
- Working with 1 fillet at a time, place between 2 sheets of baking paper and pound with a rolling pin to flatten.
- Place ¼ of the couscous mixture on half of the chicken, leaving a 1 cm edge.
- Fold over chicken to enclose the filling, pressing edges together.
- Wrap with a rasher of bacon.
- Repeat with remaining chicken, couscous mixture and bacon.
- Heat the remaining oil in the electric frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chicken parcels for 5-6 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through.